Angela Cavanna, DO, FAOASM
Dr. Cavanna lives in the Hudson Valley and enjoys hiking year round and cruising the Hudson in the summer months. She received her BS in biology at St. John’s University and later went on to receive her medical education at NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine. Dr. Cavanna is a member of the American Osteopathic Academy of Sports Medicine and is well known throughout the sports medicine community.
- Brown, J., & Cavanna, A. (2020). Calculated Decisions: Kawasaki Disease Diagnostic Criteria. Pediatric Emergency Medicine Practice, 17 (1). Retrieved from https://touroscholar.touro.edu/faculty_pubs/1087
- Piscitello, A & Cavanna, A. (2021, May 1). Congenital bicuspid Aortic valve and the role of preparticipation physicals [Poster presentation]. American Osteopathic Academy of Sports Medicine Annual Conference.
- Cavanna, A. (2021, April 22). COVID-19 and the preparticipation evaluation [Presentation]. Nuvance Family Practice Residency Didactic Lecture, Northern Dutchess Hospital.
- Cavanna, A. (2021). The COVID-19 Pandemic: Sports medicine updates and my personal experience with MLB [Presentation]. American Osteopathic Academy of Sports Medicine Annual Clinical Conference.
- Orsillo, M., Attenasio, A., Hopper, I., Fleig, L., & Cavanna, A. (2020). Homelessness and Its Impact on Health Outcomes: A Survey Based Investigation in Middletown, NY. The Journal of the American Osteopathic Association, 120(3), e43–e44. https://doi.org/10.7556/jaoa.2020.035
- Brown, J., & Cavanna, A. (2020). Calculated decisions: Kawasaki disease diagnostic criteria. Pediatric Emergency Medicine Practice, 17(1), CD1–CD2.
- Heliotis, M. & Cavanna, A. (2019 May 1). Iron deficiency anemia causing bilateral leg cramps, paresthesia, and exertional muscle pain in a female college athlete: Case report and literature review. Poster presented at the American Osteopathic Academy of Sports Medicine Annual Conference, Austin, Texas.