Harvey Auscultation Manikin
The TouroCOM Middletown Library offers a Harvey Simulation Model for students which realistically simulates nearly any cardiac disease at the touch of a button by varying blood pressure, pulses, heart sounds, murmurs and breath sounds. Students are welcome to use Harvey during library hours.
Harvey Manikin Rules:
- Before using the Harvey Model, students need to sign in with library staff.
- You must present your Touro ID during the sign-in process.
- The librarians will provide numbered stethophones, alcohol wipes and Harvey Instructions.
- Only groups of 1-4 people may use Harvey at a time.
- Groups are limited to 30 minute sessions at a time.
- Check with the library staff if you wish to extend your time in case there are other groups waiting.
- Stethophones must be wiped down with alcohol wipes at the beginning and the end of your session.
- Return all supplies to the librarians when you sign out.