Academic Requirements & Prerequisites
Application Requirements (effective August 22, 2022 for the 2022-2023 application cycle)
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university. Foreign transcripts must be accompanied by a recognized evaluation transcript.
- MCAT Scores (GRE, DAT, and PCAT scores are accepted for applicants interested in achieving the MS degree only without consideration for direct matriculation into the DO program)
- Science and overall GPA from undergraduate institution:
Overall GPA: At least 3.00 (on a 4.0 scale)
Science GPA: At least 3.00 (on a 4.0 scale)
Candidates applying to the MS program should have met the following prerequisites in their undergraduate or post-baccalaureate studies. Please note the minimum grade for any course below is ‘C’ or better (a 2.0 on a 4.0 scale). Also, ‘P’ or ‘S’ grades given during the Spring 2020, Summer 2020, and Fall 2020 semesters are also acceptable.
- Biology: At least 8 semester hours (a 4 or 5 on the AP Biology exam or a 6 or 7 on the IB Biology are acceptable substitutes).
- Inorganic Chemistry: At least 8 semester hours (a 4 or 5 on the AP Chemistry exam or 6 or 7 on the IB Chemistry are acceptable substitutes).
- Organic Chemistry: At least 7 semester hours. 3 hours of Biochemistry may count toward your total.
- Physics: At least 8 semester hours (a 4 or 5 on the AP Physics exam or a 6 or 7 on the IB Physics are acceptable substitutes).
- English: If your BA/BS was completed in the English language, specific English coursework is not required. If your BA/BS was NOT completed in English 6 semester hours are required (a 4 or 5 on the AP English Composition or English Literature exam or a 6 or 7 on the IB Language A are acceptable substitutes).
- Mathematics: At least 3 semester hours (a 4 or 5 on the AP Pre-Calculus, Calculus AB or BC, or Statistics exams, or 6 or 7 on the IB Mathematics are acceptable substitutes).
- Behavioral Sciences: At least 3 semester hours. Behavioral Sciences include psychology, sociology, and anthropology, amongst others (a 4 or 5 on the AP Psychology exam, a 6 or 7 on the IB Psychology, or a 6 or 7 on the IB Social and Cultural Anthropology are acceptable substitutes within this category).
Please note any AP or IB score being used for a pre-requisite is subject to verification via a pdf copy of your AP scores from the College Board or the International Baccalaureate Organization (go to IBO.org and select school # 038943 - Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine).
Please refer to https://help.liaisonedu.com/ for a full listing of which subjects may be used to fulfill each of the above requirements.
Students who have yet to complete all pre-requisites for the MS program may be admitted on a provisional basis, and are expected to earn a grade of B or better in those pre-requisite courses still in progress. All incomplete coursework must be finished prior to matriculation at Touro University.