Transfer to TouroCOM. You’ll find the support and flexibility you need to finish what you’ve started.
We accept applications from those who want to transfer in as a second-year student from COCA and LCME accredited medical schools. In the case of LCME transfers, the COM requirement for osteopathic manipulative medicine must be completed prior to graduation. Applicants must be in good academic standing and provide reasonable grounds for seeking a transfer. Transfer candidates should also be eligible for re-admission to their previously attended college of medicine, as evidenced by a letter from the Dean of said college.
Additional Admissions Requirements
- A minimum 2.5 overall GPA
- Credit is only given for completed courses that fulfill the COM's graduation requirements
- Credit is only given for courses passed with a grade of C or better
- For students applying during the clinical portion of their education, rotation evaluations may be reviewed against core competencies measures of the American Osteopathic Association
- Students must complete the last two years of instruction at TouroCOM to earn their DO degree from Touro
How to Apply
Transfer applicants should apply online and submit the following by the June 15 deadline:
Go to apply.touro.edu and create a new application account. Please note, if you have previously applied to any Touro location or will be applying to the Touro California or Nevada campuses for the same admission cycle, you will need to create a new application account for TouroCOM.
- IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU ANSWER EACH SECTION IN THE ORDER PRESENTED AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS WITHIN EACH SECTION IN THE ORDER PRESENTED. The application is dynamic and skipping sections or questions may prevent you from seeing all the information/ questions to which you need to respond (e.g., you will only see the "Personal Statement" section once you save the application after filling out the Academic Plan section as listed below).
- In the ‘academic plan’ section of the application you will have to choose the campus you wish to attend.
- Under Location choose ‘Touro College’
- Under School/College to which you wish to apply choose ‘Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine’;
- Under Degree Program/Location for which you wish to apply you will choose ‘Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine - Harlem’ or ‘Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine – Middletown.’ Please note choosing either location at this stage is non-committal. You will identify a preference on the Supplemental Application itself. Although the options end “…(apply through AACOMAS)” transfer applicants do not need to submit an application through AACOMAS.
- Under Entering as choose ‘Transfer Professional Student.’
- In the Personal Statement Section, download and print the Supplemental Application. Make sure to check the “transfer” box on the Supplemental Application. Once completed, the Supplemental Application and Personal Statement should be emailed to email@example.com. Do not upload the forms to the e-application.
- In addition to the Personal Statement, include a brief written statement outlining reasons for the transfer request. This should also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Non-refundable $200 application fee, which will be paid at the end of the application submission process.
- Official transcripts of all college work (including COCA or LCME-accredited medical school records) should be sent to the campus address to which you are applying.
- Official MCAT scores from when you had originally been admitted to the prior medical school should be sent to the campus address to which you are applying.
- COMLEX-USA and USMLE Examination scores, if taken, should be sent to the campus address to which you are applying.
- A letter from the Dean of your previous college of medicine that you would be eligible for re-admission.
Three letters of recommendation:
One letter of recommendation from a practicing physician (DO or MD). Please note, a letter from a DO is preferred.
Two letters of recommendation from science faculty familiar with your academic work. Please note, at least one of these two letters should be from a faculty member at the transferring institution.
The Admissions Committee reviews completed transfer applications along with transfer credit equivalency evaluations. Decisions are based on factors that include, but are not limited to: available space, academic record, circumstances leading to transfer request, admission standards at the time of the transfer request and the interview.