Stany Wilfred Lobo, PhD
Associate Professor of Anatomy, Department of Anatomy
Dr. Lobo received his Doctorate in Human Anatomy from L N Mithlia University, India and his Masters in Human Anatomy from Manipal University, India. He has 15 years of teaching experience with 43 scientific publications in indexed journals. He has also been a guest editor, editorial board member & reviewer of Journals. Dr. Lobo is a CPR healthcare provider, certified by the American Heart Association.
PhD: Anatomy 2008, from L.N Mithila University, India.
Thesis title: A comparative study of Dermatoglyphics pattern of Deaf and Mute with normal Nepalese population.
M.Sc.: (Medical) Human Anatomy 1998, Manipal University, Manipal, India
B.Sc.: Chemistry, Botany and Micro Biology, 1995, Mangalore University, Karnataka, India.
- Member of American Association of Anatomists (AAA)
- Guest Editor for the journal of Forensic Anthropometry for the year 2013 - 2014
- International advisory board member for International Journal of A J Institute of Medical Sciences
- Member of board of peer reviewing editors and Scientific committee for International Journal of forensic practice and research
Anatomy and Neuroanatomy
Anthropology, Forensic Medicine, Anatomy, and Neuroanatomy
- Lobo SW, Menezes RG. Abductor Digiti Minimi: Why is the name for both hand and foot muscles? Clin Anat. 2011; 24(2):273.
- Lobo SW, Pant S, Kharoshah MA, Senthilkumaran S, Riaz N, Menezes RG. Can rhabdomyolysis be a cause of sudden death in young athletes? Med Hypotheses. 2011; 77:935-36.
- Lobo SW, Menezes RG, Kanchan T, Pradyumna Majumdar K, Baral P, Joshua AM, Shetty AJ. Comments on "Pelvic floor muscle exercise may improve female sexual function". Med Hypotheses. 2009; 73(1):120
- Lobo SW, Menezes RG, Kanchan T, Menon A, Shetty BS, Bodhe AV, Gonsalves J. Comments on "Asymmetric testicular levels in the crotch: a thermodynamic perspective". Med Hypotheses. 2009; 72(6):759-60.
- Lobo SW, Menezes RG, Muhammed Sameer KS, Kanchan T, Suresh Kumar Shetty B, Menon A, Bodhe AV. Swinging high and low: why do the testes hang at different levels? Questioning the theory on surface area and thermoregulation. Med Hypotheses. 2009; 72(3):369.
- Lobo SW, Menezes RG, Mamata S, Baral P, Hunnargi SA, Kanchan T, Bodhe AV, Bhat NB. Phylogenetic variation in flexor digitorum brevis: a Nepalese cadaveric study. Nepal Med Coll J. 2008; 10(4):230-2.
- Lobo SW, Menezes RG. Testis is a content of the superficial perineal pouch: why is it overlooked by authors of textbooks? Clin Anat. 2008; 21(6):604
- Lobo SW, Menezes RG, Kanchan T, Shrinidhi, Muhammed Sameer KS, Fazil A, Chauhan A. Parasympathetic nervous system: a silent killer in the early morning hours? Med Hypotheses. 2008; 71(2):309-10.
- Lobo SW, Menezes RG, Mamata S, Baral P, Kanchan T, Hunnargi SA, Bodhe AV, Bhat NB. Ectopic partial intrahepatic gall bladder with cholelithiasis--a rare anomaly. Nepal Med Coll J. 2007; 9(4):286-8.
- Lobo SW, Chandrasekhar TS, Kumar S. Cephalic index of Gurung community of Nepal--an anthropometric study. Kathmandu Univ Med J (KUMJ). 2005; 3(3):263-5.
In The News