The TouroCOM Middletown Library is pleased to accept book donations from Touro students, faculty, staff and physicians from the local community.
We CAN accept the following materials:
- Textbooks, study guides, dictionaries in the areas of Medicine (Internal, Family, Osteopathic, etc.), Biochemistry, Microbiology, Immunology, Physiology, Anatomy, Histology, Epidemiology & Public Health, Medical Ethics, Physical Examination & Diagnosis, and Medical Examination review (Boards, USMLE, etc.).
- Chapter Books/Novels/Leisure Reading materials for our Book Swap Collection.
- Books that are in good condition (no torn or missing pages/covers, strong binding, no writing or excessive highlights)
- Medical books that were published less than 10 years If you are donating books for our Historical Collection, we accept materials that were published more than 30 years ago. This restriction does not apply to books for our Book Swap Collection.
We CANNOT accept the following materials:
- Books in poor condition (pages missing/falling out, torn/missing covers, weak binding)
- Books with excessive writing or highlights on pages
- Medical Books that were published between 10 - 30 years ago
- Journals or Newspapers that are part of a current personal/individual subscription
- Materials that do not fit the scope of the library’s collection
The library reserves the right to deny or dispose of donation materials that do meet the requirements listed above. If you have any questions regarding our donation policies, please contact the library at firstname.lastname@example.org.