How to Apply
A step-by-step guide to applying for the master's program.
The first step in the application process is to create an account Touro's online application system.
- Visit apply.touro.edu and select the CREATE ACCOUNT tab, then enter the requested information (first and last name, email address, date of birth and zip code).
- Create and enter a case-sensitive password. Note the instructions regarding a mixture of case-sensitive letters and symbols.
- Click the CREATE ACCOUNT button.
- If you have submitted an application to a different Touro College and University System campus, you must create two applications by creating two separate accounts. You may use the same email address to create both accounts. Ignore the message you receive about creating a duplicate record and click CONTINUE AND CREATE ACCOUNT. A new record will be created and your previous record will not be deleted.
A new screen will appear with your application PIN number. If you wish to proceed immediately to the application:
- Click the LOGIN button
- Click the CONTINUE AND CREATE button
The PIN number will also be emailed to the address you entered, together with a link to the login screen you may use to login at another time should you be unable to complete the application in one sitting.
Completing the Application
After you have created an account and logged into the system:
Click the START APPLICATION button
- If this is your first visit to the website, you will click the EDIT APPLICATION button.
- Required items are designated with an asterisk (*) and the application cannot be submitted until all required items have been provided.
Enter the requested personal information.
Enter the requested contact information.
- From the SCHOOL/COLLEGE drop down menu, select Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- From the DEGREE PROGRAM drop down menu, select the degree option for which you are applying: MS – Interdisciplinary Studies in Biological and Physical Sciences (Harlem) OR MS – Interdisciplinary Studies in Biological and Physical Sciences (Middletown)
- If you wish to apply to both Harlem and Middletown campuses, two separate applications must be submitted through the online application (see the first step above, about two accounts/applications)
- For MATRICULATION STATUS: ARE YOU SEEKING A DEGREE? Select YES.
- From the ENTERING AS drop down, select NEW GRADUATE STUDENT
Harlem: leave blank
Middletown: Select if you would like to live on campus.
The ISRAELI OPTION sections should be left blank. Provide all other requested information as directed.
Provide contact information for a person who can be reached on your behalf in the event of an emergency.
Post-Secondary Academic Record
This section will not appear until you select Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine in the ACADEMIC PLAN section above.
- Enter the requested information for ALL colleges/universities you attended, including, but not limited to, the college/university from which you earned your degree(s).
- Upload unofficial copies of your transcript, if available. Please note all students are required to submit OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS for all of colleges attended for the application to be considered complete. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- If you attended a school outside of the United States, please send an official copy of the transcript evaluation from a recognized evaluation service such as WES.
- To locate your school(s) using the search function, first enter the two letter abbreviation for the state in which your school is located, then click search. Select your school from the list of schools in that state.
- If entering credit hours, note that credit hours must be rounded to the nearest tenth (e.g., 70.58 becomes 70.6, 70 becomes 70.0).
- In this section, you may also enter information regarding any professional certifications, credentials, etc.
- Under the heading School of Osteopathic Medicine –NY, select Touro College (NY)-MS Biomedical Science (Harlem and Middletown)
- Complete all 5 pages of the fillable PDF
- Experiences/Awards (p. 1): Please answer each question briefly, in either list/bullet points or paragraph form.
- Personal statement (p. 2-3): The page break will not be automatic when copy/pasting your statement, so please break up the text and be sure the full text appears when split between pages.
- Pre-requisite verification chart (p. 4-5): Please list courses taken to fulfill each category. For repeated courses, you need only list the most recent or highest grade achieved.
- For classes that include labs, you may indicate lecture/lab in one line (e.g. Biology 1 lecture/lab, 4+1, B+/A-)
- Under “Additional Relevant Coursework”, you may list courses taken in pre-requisite categories beyond the minimum required credits.
- Save the PDF to your computer, then upload to your application by using the “Upload Document” button at the bottom of the page.
The MS Program at TouroCOM requires a minimum of three letters of recommendation, two of which must be from biological or physical science professors from whom you earned a grade in class. A committee letter from your college’s pre-medical or pre-health committee may be substituted for all three letters.
Letters may be submitted directly to TouroCOM directly from your adviser or individual letter writers, Virtual Evals, or Interfolio. If using VirtualEvals, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org (Harlem) or email@example.com (Middletown) of the method of submission.
Letters may also be submitted using the Touro online application system. To do so, you will need the name and email address of the letter writer (or, for committee letters, the name and email address of the person compiling the letters), and you will need to follow the steps below.
You should only use this section if you are inviting your letter writers to submit their letters through the Touro online application system. If your letters are being submitted through Virtual Evals, Interfolio, or directly from the letter writer or school do not use this section. Doing so will delay the processing of your application.
- Click the RECOMMENDATION PROVIDER LIST button.
- Click the ADD A RECOMMENDER button.
- Insert the name and contact information for each reference.
- For DIVISION OR PROGRAM, select ALL OTHER TOURO SCHOOLS AND PROGRAMS.
- DO YOU WISH TO WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO EXAMINE THIS LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION? We recommend selecting YES for this option; otherwise, your letter writers may not feel as though they can provide as much detail as expected.
- WILL THIS PROVIDER BE SUBMITTING THE LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION ONLINE? You must select YESfor this option.
- Once the recommendation provider information is saved, an email will be sent to the online recommendation provider with an access code and instructions on how to proceed with theonline recommendation.
- When the recommendation provider submits the form to our office it will become a part of your application.
- You can view the status of your online recommendations each time you log into your application account.
Please note the following:
- Your Recommendations will automatically be matched to your application upon submission.
- The access code is valid for 180 days from the date you input and save their information.
- To complete the Recommendation online, a Recommendation provider must have a valid email address.
- If you would like to send a reminder, check the box next to his/her name and click on the RESEND button. This will automatically generate a reminder email.
Check Your Application, And Then Submit
- Click on the CHECK YOUR APPLICATION section to verify that the minimum required information/documents have been provided. Any missing information/documents will be noted and you will not be able to submit until they are provided. When all information/items are provided, you may click on the CONTINUE TO SUBMISSION button. Follow the instructions to pay the application fee and submit your application. Your application cannot be submitted until the application fee is paid. You will receive a confirmation email when your application is submitted.
- IMPORTANT: Do not select the option to mail in a check for your application fee. Touro College New York requires that all application fees be paid via credit card through the online application. Mailed checks will not be processed.
- Once submitted, you can edit your profile information (e.g., email address) but you cannot change anything else within the application. Make absolutely certain all information is correct before you submit your application.
Additional Application Materials Due
Once your online application has been received, your application will not be complete for review until the following materials have been received by each campus to which you are applying.
Official Transcripts must be submitted from all undergraduate institutions attended. E-transcripts are also accepted.
Letters of recommendation (please see above for methods of submission)
MCAT score report should be emailed as a PDF of your Printable Score Report, which contains verification code. This report can be accessed in the AAMC score reporting system and saved as a PDF.
Please see the MS Admissions page for mailing address and email address for submission of these materials.
Once submitted and received, your secondary application materials will be added to your admissions file and you will be provided a status update via email. You may also check on the status of your application by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org (Harlem) or email@example.com (Middletown).