Patricia A. Leone, DO
Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Primary Care
- Office: 250 West 49th Street, #602, New York, NY 10019
Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine - Harlem
Education/TrainingLong Beach Medical Center, Long Beach, NY - Family Medicine Residency7/06-7/08
Lutheran Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY - Internship/Family Medicine 6/05-7/06
New York College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYCOM), Old Westbury, NY- DO 5/2005
School of General Studies, Post-baccalaureate Pre-Medical Program, Columbia University, NY- Certificate in Pre-Medical Studies -5/ 2001
Teachers College, Columbia University, New York- M.A., Exercise Physiology 10/1994
Butler University, Indianapolis, Indiana - B.A., Dance 12/1983
Board CertificationsFamily Medicine
Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment
Professional AffiliationsAmerican Osteopathic Association (AOA)
American Medical Association (AMA)
American College of Osteopathic Family Practitioners (ACOFP)
New York Sate Osteopathic Medical Society (NYSOMS)
Medical Society of the State of New York (MSSNY)
New York County Medical Society (NYVCMS)
Courses TaughtPrimary Care Skills
Physical Diagnosis I and II
Areas of ResearchSports Medicine
Office -Based Treatment of Opioid Dependence
Volunteer WorkNYC Marathon 11/10, 11/11 - Volunteer Physician
NYC Triathlon 7/10 - Volunteer Physician
1. Patricia A. Leone, DO. Complex Regional Pain Syndrome in a Recreational Runner.Case Study, Poster Presentation AOASM Conference, Providence, RI, April 2011
2. Leone, P., Myofascial release for treatment of rotator cuff tendinopathy in a female athlete. Unpublished document submitted as the research requirement for the FP Residency; Long Beach Medical Center, Long Beach, NY, 6/08.
3. Leone P., D. Gallagher, J. Wang, SB Heymsfield. Relative Over-hydration of Fat-Free Mass in Post-Obese vs Never-Obese Subjects. The Annals of the NY Academy of Sciences, 904:514-519, 2000 (Power point presentation at the 5th International Symposium on In Vivo Body Composition Studies, Upton, NY October, 1999).
4. Leone P., D. Gallagher, A. Mogtader, J Kral, SB Heymsfield. Relative Over-hydration of Fat-Free Mass in Post-Obese vs. Never-Obese Subjects. The FASEB Journal of Abstracts. 10(3);A503 (2899), 1996. ( Poster presentation at the Experimental Biology Conference, Washington, DC April, 1996).
5. Leone P., D. Gallagher, SB Heymsfield. Reduced-Obese: Comparison of Body Composition to Never Obese. The FASEB Journal of Abstracts. 9 (3); A1012 (5867), 1995. ( Poster presentation at the Experimental Biology Conference, Atlanta, GA April, 1995).
6. D. Gallagher, A. Kovera, G. Clay-Williams, D. Agin, P. Leone J.Albu,DEMatthews,SB Heymsfield. Weight Loss in Postmenopausal Obesity: No Adverse Alterations in Body Composition and Protein Metabolism. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 279: E124-E131, 2000.